[lucida] Install lucida from Y&Y on MacTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Thu Aug 3 16:04:09 CEST 2023

> On 3 Aug 2023, at 12:36, Ulrich Groh <ugroh at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Bruno, just for my understanding: I had to add Lucida.map to the file ~/Libary/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg to make the use of the Lucida-font happen (after this running updmap-user and all is working). Correct way to do this? I guess, without this the Lucida font can’t be used.

Yes, I think it is.

For example, my updmap.cfg, which is set up for MathTime, MathTime Pro 2 and Adobe Euro in addition to Lucida, contains

#! Map belleek.map
Map mt-yy.map
Map mt-plus.map
Map mathpi.map
Map mtpro2.map
Map lucida.map
Map zpeu.map

Then, every time updmap-sys or updmap-user is run (just like this, without argument), all the .map files preceded by Map are enabled while that preceded by "#! Map" is disabled.

BTW, the link in my earlier message didn't work (copy-pasted from the PDF man page in Preview), the "-" were encoded in some odd way. This is how it should have been:

https://tug.org/texlive/scripts-sys-user.html

There, things are explained better than I could.

Bruno