[lucida] Install lucida from Y&Y on MacTeX

Mau V mvs1952 at yahoo.it
Wed Aug 2 16:32:54 CEST 2023

I purchased years ago the complete set of Lucida fonts (Type 1) from Y&Y, now defunct (not from TUG). I was able to make it work over the years putting them in one "localtexmf" folder which I have been using for years with many installations of MiKTeX on WIN machines. Thus, I assume I have all is needed, somewhere. I still have a copy of that "localtexmf" folder, and I also have a copy of some "Y&Y" folder where (I think) I put what I received or downloaded from Y&Y. I am an old TeX/LaTeX user.
Now, my problem is that I cannot make it work on my new MacBook Air (M1) where I installed MacTeX (TeXlive, basically). MacTeX works perfectly well but when, weeks ago, I tried to copy locatexmf into "texmf-local" and then went through the steps suggested in the many docs I found about installing fonts on texlive it didn't work. I got error messages like
----------kpathsea: Running mktextfm hlcrimamktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; ; nonstopmode; input hlcrimaThis is METAFONT, Version 2.71828182 (TeX Live 2023) (preloaded base=mf)kpathsea: Running mktexmf hlcrima! I can't find file `hlcrima'. <*> ...jfour; mag:=1; ; nonstopmode; input hlcrima Please type another input file name ! Emergency stop. <*> ...jfour; mag:=1; ; nonstopmode; input hlcrima Transcript written on mfput.log.grep: hlcrima.log: No such file or directory-------------
I tried all sorts of tricks but in the end I created a mess. I uninstalled completely MacTex, I installed it again and now I have a new clean and working installation. I want to try (again) to install my Lucida fonts but, first, I want to be sure about the steps to be taken. I also noticed that in "localtexmf" I do not have any .sty file related with lucida (no lucidabr.sty, which I used to invoke in my tex files when using Lucida fonts with MikTeX. Did I load it through MikTeX? I do not remember...)
Anyway, what would be the first thing I should check in my folder "locatexmf"? I suspect that something might be missing or perhaps might be in the wrong place (for the TDS).
What is really amazing is that in September I installed MikTeX (not MacTeX) on my new iMac and on that machine I was able to have Lucida fonts working (as they do even now).
Would anyone be so kind to suggest the steps I should take? First of all: what files should I have and where should I put them in the MacTeX structure?
Thanks!!!
Maurizio