[lucida] No output after installing Lucida Type 1

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Wed Feb 13 15:20:46 CET 2019

> Le 13 févr. 2019 à 14:52, Pedro A. Marrone G. <pmarroneg at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> I have run:
>
> mktexlsr
>
> and
>
> updmap-sys --force --enable Map=lucida.map
>

> Now I get the following error:
>
> !pdfTeX error: pdflatex.exe (file hlcrf8r): Font hlcrf8r at 618 not found
>  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

This error message seems to say lucida.map has not been taken into account, so pdflatex isn’t aware that hlcrf8r is a Type 1 font and is looking instead for a bitmap font at size 618.

Was the run of updmap-sys successful? Didn’t you get error messages or warnings when running it?

Also, which year is your texlive or miktex installation from? I’m not sure, and being on a train trip on an iphone I can’t easily check right now, but I think the way updmap works changed a couple of years back. In particular, IIRC there is no longer an updmap-sys vs updmap, so I’m not sure your updmap-sys invocation is the way to go.

Bruno Voisin