[lucida] Lucida installation problem

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Aug 4 15:07:35 CEST 2017

Hi

> I think my intention is flexible, so if the Debian TeX Live gives me a
> working TeXworks/Lucida system then I'll be happy.

I thought it was easy, but it turned out there is a bug in the
lucida files somewhere, or they are not working with current
TeX Live.

I wanted to write:

That is easy, I have the Lucida fonts since Y&Y times and it always worked:

* put the pfb files into
	/usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bh/lucida
  there should be files like lbkr.pfb lfr.pfb lbc.pfb etc
* put the tfm files inot
	/usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/bh/lucida
  there should be files like hlhri8c.tfm etc
* put the vf files into
	/usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/vf/bh/lucida
  there should be files like hlhri9d.vf etc
* put the map file lucida.map into
	/usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/
* put the TeX files into
	/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex/lucida/
  there should be files like t1hlh.fd ed (all fd files)

These are the files that come with the fonts.

Then you should install the lucidabr or lucimatx package, the files should
go into
	/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex/lucidabr/
(with lucidabr.sty etc)
or into
	/usr/local/share/temxf/tex/latex/lucimatx/
with lucimatx.sty

After that run
	mktexlsr
as root (with sudo or as root).

*********************

But then I tried it out, and it didn't work, neither with lucidabr nor
with lucimatx ... :-(((

With lucida-sample.tex me too I am getting an error - that is strange:
	Font hlcrf8r is missing!
That is I guess an error in the setup of lucidabr. That is the reason

INterestingly there is the same error with lucimatx but a different font:
	Font hlsb8r is missing!

I see that there is a serious problem.

It seems that something has changed .... indeed ....

Anyone still using the Type1 fonts?

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer