[lucida] Best header definitions?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Dec 30 16:05:33 CET 2015

> Le 29 déc. 2015 à 23:19, Paul Gessler <pdgessler at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> But, that said, it really should be easier to use these fonts in a
> document. Maybe others on this list have thoughts about this? I'd be
> happy to put my package on CTAN and maintain it if others think it
> would be useful.

In a rush: there’s a recent fontspec mechanism for this, and it’s in recent versions of the lucidaot package. (With the username and password you were sent when purchasing the fonts from TUG, you can re-download any newer package version — i.e. lucidaot.zip and lucidaot-tex.zip — at any time.)

That’s the *.fontspec files in tex/latex/lucidaot. In short, just write

\setmainfont{LucidaBrightOT}

and this will cause lucidabrightot.fontspec to be read and definitions equivalent to

\setmainfont[
     ItalicFont=LucidaBrightOT-Italic.otf,
       BoldFont=LucidaBrightOT-Demi.otf,
 BoldItalicFont=LucidaBrightOT-DemiItalic.otf,
 ]{LucidaBrightOT.otf}

to be loaded. Same for lucidasansot.fontspec and lucidasanstypewriterot.fontspec.

Not sure that answers your question, but hopefully that’s a step towards it.

This mechanism is not advertised in lucidaot.pdf intentionally, as it requires a recent fontspec and the instructions in the doc are meant to be as backward-compatible as possible.

Bruno Voisin