[lucida] Problems with Installation

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Thu Jul 25 17:27:59 CEST 2013

Le 25 juil. 2013 à 16:51, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> a écrit :

> PS: why on earth using cp etc? Iy you are point-and-click-mac-user, why not Apple-A Apple-C on the folder, then go to the texmocal, and Apple-P?

I imagine you mean Apple-V (nowadays Cmd-V, the Apple logo has disappeared from the keyboard and is replaced by the Clover logo) for Paste, not Apple-P.

In this respect, I must confess being antiquated: the ability to copy and paste files and folders is something which came from Windows and was introduced to the Mac with OS X; before that, in Mac OS Classic, it was only possible to copy and paste elements (text, images etc.) within documents, and for files and folders it was drag-and-drop only with the mouse.

Having been using Macs since around 1987, I never really switched and never think of copying and pasting files.

Anyway: trying this here doesn't work, the Mac doesn't merge into an existing directory hierarchy upon pasting, it attempts to overwrite yielding

Using zip for merging would of course be the best by far. I'll stop wasting electronic ink here and turn to the MacTeX list to see whether somebody knows of a way to make this work.

Bruno