[lucida] upgrading + installation

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Feb 14 00:56:24 CET 2013

On 02/13/2013 05:31 PM, ivo welch wrote:

> people like me barely know what a font-encoding is...not kidding.  so, I
> don't know why I would ever want to use LY1 instead of T1.

Right, not you, but there are people with old documents that had LY1 as
font encoding, so they can use the new Lucida distribution with those
documents without problem.

> to be clear, I am not assigning blame here.  this was all clearly MY OWN
> FAULT.

I really don't see that as a fault, but new things we learn every day.
The world of TeX is hard, but worth the pain: I've seen your book on the
web ---it's beautiful.

Best

Axel