[lucida] miktex maintenance(admin) menu

Mike Prager mike.prager at mhprager.com
Wed May 16 05:04:05 CEST 2012

I have been using MikTeX for about a year, on Windows 7 64- bit. I am
not an expert, but I have found that the "Admin" entry always works fine
for me. l suppose the other entry is there for users who don't have
Administrative (i.e. root) access to the machine. My understanding is
that it may not work, depending on installation directory or something else.

So if the user has Administrative access, the answer is, use the Admin
entry.

Mike

On 5/15/2012 5:46 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
> Regarding http://tug.org/store/lucida/README-type1.txt.
> A miktex user just reported this:
>
>      One remark and suggestion to improve concerning item 4):
>      On Windows 64 bit in
>
>      Start>  Programs>  MikTeX>  Maintenance>  Settings>  General>  Refresh FNDB
>
>      [there is] both Maintenance and Maintenance(Admin). Which one to choose?
>
> I don't know, not having miktex.  Does anyone here use miktex?  Any
> advice?  (The user has things working, the question is how best to
> update the doc.)
>
> Thanks,
> karl
> --