[lucida] Bug in lucida ligature handling

Jaap-Henk Hoepman jhh at cs.ru.nl
Fri Aug 3 13:54:37 CEST 2012

Hi,

The pdf version of the original .pdf file (that shows the ffl ligature
correctly) is %PDF-1.2

Files that i create now using ps2pdf have %PDF-1.5

I have tried setting -dCompatibilityLevel=1.1 (and 1.2 etc.) for ps2pdf
explicitly, with the following results
- 1.1: ffl ligature shown fine in Bluebeam PDF Revu, but Acrobat cannot
extract the embedded font (and only displays dots)
- 1.2 and above: ffl ligature disappears in Bluebeam PDF revu; acrobat
displays the file just fine.

Jaap-Henk

--
Jaap-Henk Hoepman            |  Sure! We've eaten off the silver
TNO, Groningen &             |  (when even food was against us)