[lucida] Lucida Kerning

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sat Nov 13 11:38:24 CET 2010

On  12 Nov, 2010, at 05:42, Thorsten Dikmann wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I've got a question concerning the Lucida fonts. I bought it some time ago
> and I really like it - but what I dislike is the absence of kerning.
>
> I searched the archive of this list and found that it seems to be a
> feature, not a bug:
> http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/lucida/2006-May/000091.html
>
> So my question: Is there a way to enable some kind of kerning for the
> Lucida Fonts in LaTeX? If you have some manual or documentation, I would
> appreciate if you send me a link.

I don't think there is something to resort to. Besides the thread you cite above, I found

http://forums.pctex.com/viewtopic.php?t=16

At the bottom of that page, there is a reference to the soul package, but I've never used it.

Best

Axel

P.S. I still like Lucida very, very much. Once I made a test in XeLaTeX with Warnock Pro as the main font and LucidaNewMath and it looked really great. I'm hoping to have a chance of making a book with that combination.