[lucida] Help Please

Martin Geisler mg at lazybytes.net
Fri Jan 29 00:46:58 CET 2010

Mau <mvs1952 at yahoo.it> writes:

> Karl Berry ha scritto:
>>
>>     I have had no problems using them with MikTex 2.7. But for reasons I
>>     cannot fathom I can NOT get MikTex 2.8 dvips to understand that the
>>     fonts are installed.
>>

> Yesterday night I installed MikTeX 2.8 on a WinXp machine and I had  no
> problems with Lucida Fonts. I put them in a c:\localtemf directory (pfb
> and all that) , I told MikTeX about this local root (with mo.exe) , I
> upgraded the map font file (following the instructions in MikTeX
> documentation) and it worked. Just in case this info might help.

Thanks. I have also gotten them installed, I was mostly bothered about
the process which was a bit trial and error since I don't have the nice
zip-file the installation instructions talk about.

Today I discovered the lucimatx package:

  http://www.pctex.com/files/managed/b/bf/lucimatxAbbrev.pdf

It comes with a zip-file (strangely called "lucimacros.zip.tpm", but
it's just a zip-file) which you can download here:

  http://www2.pctex.com/downloads.php?product=LUM

The zip-file has the right layout -- I unpacked it in ~/texmf and moved
the .pfb files to ~/texmf/fonts/type1/lucida. After a 'updmap --enable
Map lucida.map' I was ready to go.

--
Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multiparty Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.