[lucida] AMS symbols, TrueType versions

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Dec 9 02:06:35 CET 2010

On Mi, 08 Dez 2010, Thomas Quaritsch wrote:
> 1) If I use Lucida as math font and need to use a special symbol from
> this popular symbols-a4.pdf list, this symbol will be in the default
> CM style, right? From your experience, does it hurt mixing in some
> symbols in CM style?

No. symbols-a4.pdf lists a lot of symbols from a lot of fonts, most
of them are *not* CM style. Check the document, for each set it
says which fonts provide these symbols.

> 2) I read that Lucida math contains a lot of common symbols - are
> those all from amssymb or is there a list of provided symbols
> anywhere?

amssymb is covered according to the documentation of
	lucimatx, 6.6 AMS symbols

> 3) Can I obtain or create TrueType versions of the fonts I buy so that
> the fonts can be used in figures produced outside LaTeX with a vector
> graphics program?

As Karl said, there are only Type1 fonts. I guess you can convert them
to TTF, but I am not sure if the license allows it (I doubt it!!).

Best wishes

Norbert