[lucida] AMS symbols, TrueType versions

Thomas Quaritsch t.quaritsch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 22:44:32 CET 2010

Hi,

Before buying the Lucida font family, I have a few questions that I
hope someone can answer here.

1) If I use Lucida as math font and need to use a special symbol from
this popular symbols-a4.pdf list, this symbol will be in the default
CM style, right? From your experience, does it hurt mixing in some
symbols in CM style?

2) I read that Lucida math contains a lot of common symbols - are
those all from amssymb or is there a list of provided symbols
anywhere?

3) Can I obtain or create TrueType versions of the fonts I buy so that
the fonts can be used in figures produced outside LaTeX with a vector
graphics program?

cheers,
Thomas