[lucida] installing lucida fonts

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Aug 13 02:29:38 CEST 2010

    I ordered and received the Lucida fonts from TUG

Thanks for your support.

    The supplied program TeXworks has different menu items

Indeed, TeXworks is a front-end, completely different beast from the
MiKTeX distribution.  (http://tug.org/levels.html tries to explain some
terminology.  Anyway.)

    The installation guide refers to the program MiKTeX.

You don't have any "MiKTeX" entry under Start -> Programs in the GUI?
Very surprising.

    I added a path to C:\Local Tex Files an run initexmf from a DOS commandline,
    Edited updmap.cfg using initexmf and run initexmf -mkmaps.

Well, that all sounds good.
Did you remake the filename database?
initexmf --update-fndb
from the cmdline, I'm told.  (I've never actually used miktex myself.)

If that doesn't help, please send the actual error messages from running
TeX.

Hoping against hope,