[lucida] installing lucida fonts

Erik Kruyt erik at forcheck.nl
Tue Aug 10 23:02:42 CEST 2010

I ordered and received the Lucida fonts from TUG but could not get the
example document working.

I have MiKTeX 2.8 installed on Windows XP.

I followed the supplied installation guide as far as possible and unpacked
in C:\Local Tex Files.

The installation guide refers to the program MiKTeX. However, there is no
such program in my installation. The supplied program TeXworks has different
menu items.

I added a path to C:\Local Tex Files an run initexmf from a DOS commandline,

Edited updmap.cfg using initexmf and run initexmf -mkmaps.

What should I do now?

Thank you for your help,

Erik Kruyt

Forcheck b.v.