[lucida] Cannot find lbc.pfb on new Mac OS X Installation

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue Oct 20 07:30:23 CEST 2009

On  19 Oct, 2009, at 15:51, Karun Dambiec wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to install the lucida fonts on Texlive/MacTex 2008 on
> Mac OS X.
> I have gone through the installation instructions provided however
> keep receiving the following message.
>
> !pdfTeX error: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file lbc.pfb): cannot open Type
> 1 font fil
> e for reading

lbc.pfb is Lucida Calligraphy Italic, which is part of the Complete
Font Set. Did you buy Lucida's complete font set?

If so, you should have lbc.pfb in

~/Library/texmf/fonts/type1/bh/lucida/

and the corresponding *.tfm file (hlcrie8r.tfm) in

~/Library/texmf/fonts/tfm/bh/lucida/

is that so? If indeed it is, how did you use updmap to enable
lucida.map?

Best,

Axel