[lucida] Sans serif math with lucida fonts?

Mau V mvs1952 at yahoo.it
Sun Dec 20 14:48:12 CET 2009

[...]

> \usepackage[T1,altbullet,expert,nofontinfo,lucidascale]{lucidabr}

>Oh! I didn't expect that! But with OT1 I get the equation number in Computer Modern. This works better, at least for me:

Yes, that happens to me, too. But what I do usually is:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\documentclass[11pt]{beamer}

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}%% Both encodings!!!!
\usepackage[OT1,altbullet,expert,nofontinfo,lucidascale]{lucidabr}
\begin{document}

\begin{frame}
  \begin{equation}
  \hat{\sigma}
  \end{equation}
\end{frame}

\end{document}

It seems contradictory but it works!!!!
I cannot justify that, though....

>\usepackage[LY1]{fontenc}
>\usepackage[altbullet,expert,nofontinfo,lucidascale]{lucidabr}

>Don't put the encoding LY1 as an option to lucidabr, but in a separate line, as shown.

This works, too.

Thanks,

M.V.