[lucida] Installation problem on MacTeX 2007

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon May 5 19:58:03 CEST 2008

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the report.

    I don't know if updmap-sys depends on the texlsr database,

Yes, it does.  I changed the instructions to say to run mktexlsr (by
whatever name) before updmap-sys.  I think it should not normally be
necessary to run mktexlsr afterward, but it couldn't hurt.

    It looks to me as if the tex directory structure has changed

It hasn't changed in many years, actually.

    since the lucida-complete distribution was put together,

I corrected our lucida distributions to have the fonts/map/*/lucida/
subdirectory.  Thanks for noticing.  All the programs would still find
the lucida.map files without that directory level (given an up-to-date
ls-R), but it's cleaner to have it.

    and that it needs to be
    changed to work correctly on a Macintosh.

The directory structure is the same for Macs as other systems.

Thanks again,
Karl