[lucida] Installation Question

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Aug 31 15:28:34 CEST 2008

On  31 Aug, 2008, at 07:52, Ulrich Groh wrote:

> Axel, I don't know how TeX is loading fonts in this case. I have
> also out-commented the line \usepackage{lucidabr} in the lucida-
> amsmath.tex file and I got no real error. But with this line
> uncommented I got a bunch of error messages. Therefore I am
> interested to scheck wether my installation is ok (but how?) and how
> do I see if I have lucida on the paper I am printing.

Absolutely no errors at all! LaTeX is just informing you that it will
use Lucida fonts instead of the default Computer Modern: that's all
the Infos.

And the couple of warnings shouldn't be really: it's telling you that
it will use T1 encoding (as it should) instead of the old OT1 (which
is still the default encoding to LaTeX). Lucida doesn't work with OT1
encoding, but only with LY1 and T1, so it's doing the right thing.

You can use Adobe Reader to see that your document is in fact using
the Lucida fonts (I'm sure it is): open your document in Reader and,
in the File menu, choose Properties...; in the window that opens
choose the Fonts tab: there you'll see the fonts your document uses.

(If you still don't have it, remember Adobe Reader is free.)

Best,

Axel