[lucida] Simple installation question

Ian Fitzgerald ianf at ozemail.com.au
Sat May 19 04:02:49 CEST 2007

In message <929A0F2D-743D-417B-B8EA-067C2B53A04A at igo.com.mx> you wrote:

> Ian,
>

> > [...]
>
> > My misapprehension was that I had to place the file, lucida.map,
> > which came
> > with the package, somewhere where updmap could find it.
>
> Yes, that still is true. Otherwise, updmap could not have prepared
> pdftex and dvips to use your Lucida fonts, so lucida.map *was already
> in a place where updmap could find it.
>

> > When it dawned on me
> > that it was a copy of text generated by updmap by placing, at your
> > suggestion, 'Map lucida.map' in updmap.cfg, all fell into place.
>

> That was only a shortcut to the command
>
> updmap --enable Map=lucida.map
>
> or whatever is the equivalent in Windows.

[snip]

> Best,
>
> Axel

OK.
I found lucida.map at /TeXLive2007/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/, which is where it
should have been all along after unpacking, as this is its place in the
package tree.

Mea culpa. I am slowly beginning to understand a little of the structure of
LaTeX.

Nice to have lucida again.

--
Ian Fitzgerald