[lucida] Simple installation question

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Mon May 14 19:54:35 CEST 2007

Ian,

> I am re-installating the Lucida package after installing TexLive
> 2007. I have
> unpacked the main package into texmf as per instructions, and re-
> built the
> Is-R.
>
> However, I have searched, but am unable to find documentation on the
> placement of lucida.map, and the subsequent instructions for
> integrating it
> for pdf and dvi use.
>
> Can someone tell me where to find the instructions?

You have to tell us which platform are you using. Assuming a *n*x
platform (I'm using Mac OS), if you installed the fonts in your $HOME
tree, the map goes in

~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/

on a Mac, and I think should be

$HOME/texmf/fonts/map/

in Linux. Or, if you installed system wide, it is

/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-config/fonts/map/

on a Mac, and I think something very similar en Linux. In a terminal, do

kpsewhich --show-path=map

and look for the first results.

Rebuild the ls-R databases again, and then

sudo updmap-sys --enable Map=lucida.map

so pdftex and dvips can use the fonts.

If you're using Windows, I'm so sorry ---I don't know what to do.

Best,

Axel