[lucida] Installing Lucida on MacOSX 10.4.5 ?

Vincent Manis vmanis at telus.net
Fri Jun 9 07:08:50 CEST 2006

Well, it wouldn't hurt to include something like:

- If you're using TeX Live, do this
- or if you're using MikTex, do this
- or if you're using teTeX or a derivative, do this
- or if none of the above, consult your documentation

The whole font issue is really hairy, and as a TeXnician of some
standing (I learned TeX from reading a
prerelease of TeX The Program, back in 1982) it has caused me
considerable trouble over the years.
A lot of the system documentation is unhelpful, in particular the
MikTeX and teTeX manuals, in that they
assume the reader has read and understood all the KPathSea
documentation, among other things.

Surely amongst ourselves we can provide a few sentences of
encouraging help for Karl's next
revision.

-- vincent