[lucida] Problems with lucida on mac os

Christof Janssen c.janssen at mpi-hd.mpg.de
Thu Jul 6 11:10:35 CEST 2006

Hello,

I use gwtex on the most recent version of tiger. I have installed the
complete lucida font set in the /usr/local/tetex/share/texmf.local
directory and then supplied a  sudo -H -u root updmap-sys --enable
Map=lucida.map

  - Now it looks that most of the textfonts are fine, but compiling
the simple math example from the documentation:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{lucidabr}
\begin{document}
Here's some text. And here's some math:
\[
   \phi(x)=\int_{-\infty}^{x} e^{-x^{2}/2}
\]
Euro and copyright symbols are available:
\texteuro \textcopyright \textbullet.
\end{document}

leads to complete nonsense, eg there is no phi, no integral sign
etc.  Also euro and copyright are fine, but the bullet point comes as
a full stop.
Is anybody there who can me point into the right direction ? Do I
miss any math package ?

I am really lost with this font stuff, sorry.

C. Janssen