[lucida] Getting LaTeX to recognise Lucida

Ian Fitzgerald ianf at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jul 3 09:02:07 CEST 2006

In message <200607021902.k62J2vp14340 at f7.net> you wrote:

Hi

THAT works, and the log file does not suggest that any font files are unable
to be found.

Problems remain: running LaTeX results in .dvi file with no text visible.
This is not surprising, given that I patched the pdftex config file only
with your supplied subfile.

Running my shortened lucida-test.tex with pdfLaTeX, which contains the text

Here's some text. And here's some math:

produces the text in lucida, but with the ' replaced with S with a breve or
caron.

Will this file be over-written again if I run updmap? And this this the same
as updating "Is-R"?

Is the behaviour of the update process changeable by changing a configuration
file, or do I need to update a binary?

with thanks,

IanF

--