[lucida] Getting LaTeX to recognise Lucida

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jul 2 21:02:57 CEST 2006

    Herewith requested files as attachments.

So, I see Lucida is in updmap.cfg but not in pdftex.map.  I infer that
your updmap does not update pdftex.map.  So you need to add the lines I
sent previously (attached here again) by hand to pdftex.map.

    Where can I find documentation of these commands?

E.g.,
http://tug.org/texinfohtml/kpathsea.html#Invoking-kpsewhich
http://linuxcommand.org/man_pages/updmap1.html

(Although the version of updmap in your fptex probably doesn't have the
updmap-sys variant.  It's basically the same, though.)

The kpathsea manual and updmap man page, and what doc there is on all
the other commands, is included in the original distribution, too.

Hope it works,
Karl