[lucida] Lucida: any changes:

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sat Jul 1 23:34:07 CEST 2006

>>>>> "Karl" == Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> writes:

Karl> ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/metrics/bh/lucida/fonts/afm/bh/lucida/

Excellent.

I just rsync(1)ed that tree and did some diff(1)s.  To continue the
example of lbr.afm, this is the diff between what I have in texmf
(I am now sure unchanged from tetex 3.0) and the above tree:
(I've elided the patch lines and the changes to the metrics)

,----(diffs from tetex's lbr.afm to tug's lbr.afm)
| +Comment RevisionDate: 98/Nov/11
| -Notice Copyright (c) 1991, 1992 Bigelow & Holmes Inc. and Y&Y, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
| +Notice Copyright (c) 1991, 1992 Bigelow & Holmes Inc. and Y&Y, Inc. http://www.yandy.com
| -FontBBox -286 -211 1014 967
| +FontBBox -286 -211 1014 928
| -StartCharMetrics 247
| +StartCharMetrics 273
`----

The additional RevisionDate is the key to differentiating.  But as you
can see they also added 26 characters in that 98/Nov/11 revision.
After some calls to grep(1), sort(1) and diff(1) I see they added:

,----
| Alpha Beta Chi Epsilon Eta Euro Gamma Iota Kappa Lambda Mu Nu
| Omicron Phi Pi Psi Rho Sigma Tau Theta Upsilon Xi Zeta omicron
| sfthyphen uni20AC
`----

and changed the bounding boxes of:

,----
| divide logicalnot percent perthousand
`----

I checked all of the other atms.  Every updated one has that 98/Nov/11
RevisionDate.  So they fonts have presumably been constant since then.

Too bad the type1 Version strings weren't changed as well....

Incidently, it is interesting that they didn't update the Copyright
from 91,92 to something like 91-98.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>