[lucida] Some LaTeX symbols

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Wed Aug 16 19:55:33 CEST 2006

El 8/16/06 5:26 AM, "Josep M. Font" <jmfont at inicia.es> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I have just found out that, when using the "lucidabr" package, the
> symbol \Box is typeset as a \square, and \Diamond is typeset as
> \lozenge. However, with cmr fonts or mathpazo, using "amssymb" plus
> "latexsym" packages, there is a difference! \square is larger than
> \Box, and \Diamond is not a \lonzenge but the real diamond of modal
> logicians (for instance). (If leaving out "latexsym", the difference
> is lost again.)
>
> Is there a way to overcome this ? Is this as feature, or a bug ?

For what I see, it seems a ``feature''; from lucidabr.pdf:

[p. 11]

These need undefining so that we can redeclare them.
345 \let\Box\undefined
346 \let\Diamond\undefined

[p. 12]

371 \DeclareMathSymbol{\Box}{\mathord}{arrows}{2}
372 \DeclareMathSymbol{\Diamond}{\mathord}{arrows}{8}

[p. 16]

537 \DeclareMathSymbol{\square}{\mathord}{arrows}{2}
540 \DeclareMathSymbol{\lozenge}{\mathord}{arrows}{8}

Best,

Axel