[luatex] lyluatex compile problems

Urs Liska lists at openlilylib.org
Sun Jul 29 18:28:38 CEST 2018

Am 29.07.2018 um 17:59 schrieb liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com:
> a) Ok good to know that explains the compiling problems fundamentally.
> If the manual were a lyluatex file it would have been one of the
> greatest tutorials right there.
> What I tried to compile is the manual in the zip download here
> "https://ctan.org/pkg/lyluatex?lang=en"
> Which seemed to be the  lyluatex code, but I am seemingly mistaken.

No, you're not mistaken. I wasn't aware of the fact that the script
preparing the CTAN upload actually produced that lyluatex.tex file.

> b) Ok
>
> c) Ok I saw that, but where that was mentioned there was no direct
> compile instruction. The option --shell-escape was mentioned in the
> body text and there was no direct compile command.
> If
> "lualatex --shell-escape somefile.tex"
> were in the instructions I did not have to ask this question, but it
> is absent.
> Would be a good idea to add that.

I'll try to keep that in mind. It would be great if you could open an
issue on the Github issue tracker at
https://github.com/jperon/lyluatex/issues about it.

> Question:
> 1) Since I cannot compile the manual and use that to learn lyluatex,
> (my preferred latex way to learn is just to work through the code
> compiling the manual. (Last 20+ more years taught me that is by far
> the best way.)
> Is there an indepth lyluatex manual that is compilable with luatex ?

This .tex file *is* compilable with lualatex (not luatex!).
Please first try the other things I told you about, and if that doesn't
work please post more details about the errors. But this is not a luatex
issue, so this list may not be right place to discuss. Please either
subscribe to the lilypond-user mailing list or open an issue on the
issue tracker.

> 2) Is there an archive with lots of lyluatex document examples
> combining both text and musical notaion in the document ?

lyluatex is actually brand new, so there is no such archive (yet).

HTH
Urs