[luatex] Misplaced letter

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Wed Jul 25 18:12:42 CEST 2018

Am Sat, 21 Jul 2018 22:13:01 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> afaik arabic works ok in context (i'd have gotten complaints from users
> otherwise) so maybe you don't enable the right features

Javier posted an example at

https://github.com/lualatex/luaotfload/issues/423

I posted there also the output I get with a current fontloader and
the patches we made to luaotfload.

The spacing on the left of the left lines looks a bit wrong. And the
numbers should be perhaps read 1234. But I don't know enough about
arabic fonts to be able to setup a comparision with context and with
the luatex-plain code. And so I can't decide if the problem is with
luaotfload/the fontloader or some missing feature in the font
definition. Perhaps you could try too and show your output?

> Be aware that Ulrike takes recent version from the context distribution
> so it might not be a drop in for texlive.

If Javier needs a newer fontloader we will have to push the patched
files and the newer fontloader to CTAN. luaotfload will break with
luatex 1.09 so at some time this will have to be done anyway. The
main point of my current tests is to be prepared for such a
situation ...

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/