[luatex] Misplaced letter

Javier Bezos listas at tex-tipografia.com
Sat Jul 21 11:24:17 CEST 2018

Still struggling, after several months, with Arabic fonts :-(.
This is the only thing I need to release a new babel with support
for Arabic, but I'm stuck.

Hans:

     > I'll send Ulrike something to test.

Ulrike:

    With the patched function (added to a fontloader from 2017-12-12)
    the output of both examples looks ok (that means that the paragraphs
    are identical, I have no idea if they are correct ;-))

Please, could you post the fix here or send it to me?

By the way, I've attempted to use the context loader with:

-------
[run]
fontloader = context;
-------

in luaotfload.conf and with the help pf fontloader-luaotfload,
but it doesn't work, with the error:

-----
luaotfload | db : Reload initiated (formats: otf,ttf,ttc); reason: "File
not found: lmroman10-regular.".(load luc: C:/Aplica
ciones/TeXLive/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/fonts/otl/lmroman10-regular.luc)
! Font \TU/lmr/m/n/10=[lmroman10-regular]:+tlig; at 10pt not loadable: metric d
ata not found or bad.
-----

A fix for this error would be also most welcome. The following
loads the fonts, but Arabic is still buggy:

-------
[run]
fontloader  = fontloader-reference-2017-08-18.lua;
-------

--
Javier