[luatex] Segment fault: 11

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Wed Oct 11 00:18:40 CEST 2017

Am Tue, 10 Oct 2017 22:32:56 +0200 schrieb Carl-Henrik Buschmann:

> I’ve attached a sort of MWE. The problem is at line 177. With it
> in I get Segmentation fault: 11. If I remove this line the
> document complies just fine. Any idea what’s going on?

I shortened it to

\documentclass{book}
  \RequirePackage{fontspec}
  \setmainfont[Renderer=Basic]{TeX Gyre Pagella}

\begin{document}

\textbf{P} displaces the non-\textit{ic5} pitches in a triad, i.e
moves the third between minor and major.
For the sake of examples, we assume the first chord in the
transformation is \(I\); ergo, in Schenkerian
\({I}\Leftrightarrow{i}\).

\end{document}

There is something with Renderer=Basic that luatex doesn't like. But
I haven't now the time to dig deeper.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/