[luatex] Loading PK fonts in Lua

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Wed Oct 4 17:25:55 CEST 2017

Am Wed, 4 Oct 2017 16:11:07 +0200 schrieb David Shourabi Porcel:

> Hello,
>
> I am dealing with a TFM-PK font pair which I would like to load in
> Lua. The following code doesn't work, however:
>
> function define_font(name, size)
>     metrics = font.read_tfm("font.tfm", size)
>
>     metrics.type = "real"
>     metrics.format = "type3"
>     metrics.fullname = "font.600pk"
>     metrics.filename = "font.600pk"
>     metrics.embedding = "full"
>
>     return metrics
> end
> callback.register("define_font", define_font)
>
> LuaTeX complains:
>    warning  (file font) (type 3): font font at 216 not found
>
> That is, the metrics file is found and loaded, but the bitmap file is
> not. What am I doing wrong?

You didn't provide a complete example, so I can't test. But the "at
216" sounds as if you are using to use the font in a different
(smaller) size.

Why are you trying to load the font in lua instead of loading it
normally in the tex file?

> As far as I could understand from the manual, map files should not be
> needed (support for them might be removed in the future, anyway).

map-files were never needed for pk-fonts.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/