[luatex] [lucida] luatex hangs on lucida OT test file

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Fri Mar 10 10:04:29 CET 2017

> Le 10 mars 2017 à 08:49, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> a écrit :
>
> Ok, I admit I was wrong with my rant concerning *luatex*. Sorry for that.

Yes, I didn't answer for fear of just fanning the embers (approximate translation for the French "souffler sur les braises"), but I don't think ConTeXt was involved.

The problem is probably that reconfiguring TeX Live to use a second binary tree in addition to the main one is much more involved than I originally thought, if possible at all. For example texmf.cnf has a

CLUAINPUTS = .;$SELFAUTOLOC/lib/{$progname,$engine,}/lua//

that refers to non-existing paths in the distro. So I imagine it's paths to libraries that are included at compile time inside the binaries, hence absent from the distro. So that would mean relative paths hardcoded into the binaries, possibly explaining why texdoc (now in lua) would fail when luatex is no longer in the main texlive tree.

Bruno