[luatex] luatex hangs on lucida OT test file

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 16:13:14 CET 2017

On 9 March 2017 at 14:09, Norbert Preining <norbert at preining.info> wrote:
>> None of this has the slightest effect!
>
> Complain to luatex maintainers about not reusing the ls-R database
> and kpsewhich, but implementing their own solution.
>
> <rant>
> That is life with luatex (and context), and that is the reason
> most distributions scare away from it, why context is updated
> only once a year on CTAN (TL), and if you really want to use
> new luatex (or context), you need to install your own extra
> distribution (context minimals).

This doesn't seem quite right: context switches it off, but lua(la)tex
will use kpse file searching

I regularly use development builds of luatex in the main texlive tree
(I don't bother maintaining separate trees, just drop the new binary
in
(for me) /usr/local/texlive/2016/bin/x86_64-cygwin/luatex and rebuild
the formats with fmtutil-sys.

David