[luatex] [lucida] luatex hangs on lucida OT test file

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Mar 7 18:29:44 CET 2017

> Le 7 mars 2017 à 16:19, Norbert Preining <norbert at preining.info> a écrit :
>
> with current TL uptodate I get a hang when compiling the attached
> LucidaMathOTProperties.tex
>
> lua(la)tex consumes 100% CPU times and never finishes. It is not
> about font setup or fc-cache, as other documents work without
> any problem.
>
> Even Ctrl-C does not interrupt luatex. I need to Ctrl-Z and then
> kill -9.

Same here, with MacTeX 2016 updated via TeX Live Utility -- hence TL 2016 updated via tlmgr -- and Lucida OT 1.801. For LuaTeX:

This is LuaTeX, Version 0.95.0 (TeX Live 2016)

Had to kill LuaTeX in Activity Monitor (see attached screenshot).

Is there, by the way, a way of getting updated LuaTeX binaries in between TL releases (for the Mac in particular)? (Other than compiling locally, I don't really have the competence for that.)

Mojca wrote last year on the MacTeX list that, though sending updated binaries to the TL maintainers -- Karl -- anytime between two releases and have them posted was technically possible, that never happened in the last few years.

Bruno