[luatex] recent tunenc.def fails with lualatex

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Mon Mar 6 15:00:39 CET 2017

Am Mon, 6 Mar 2017 03:48:12 +0100 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:

> But even if people are aware of the problem they often run updmap
> accidentally and don't remember later.

They even don't need to do anything to run into such a problem.

E.g. on miktex packages are quite often installed on-the-fly "in
user mode" and if they contain fonts will call updmap which leads to
user maps. If such users later update package with the admin-manager
"updmap --admin" will not update the correct maps.

And in texlive I just had a similar problem: I wanted to try out
something with luajitlatex and enabled the format (in a local
fmtutil.cnf). But I forgot to call fmtutil-sys and directly started
a luajitlatex compilation and this triggered the format generation
in texmfhome.

I don't think that such problems can be avoided completly, they are
consequences of the freedom for the user to create their own formats
and map-files and to update/install packages.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/