[luatex] slower texlua at LuaTeX 1.0.4 (TL 2017) ?

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Wed Jun 7 12:15:41 CEST 2017

Hi Hans vdM,

> Before pointing a finger I have learned to first do some (documented) experiments and present these to the developers. That will help them to pinpoint the problem that might be there. Doing so we will all benefit.

If you read the thread from my original post you will see that finger-pointing was not initiated by me.

Anyone being told he can accelerate by a factor 100 its code if only he had known how to proceed to start with, and that it is not even his code, which he only reported it as benchmark for comparisons, on which he already has spent some time, is not likely to feel particularly happy.

This being said it is not my intention to prolong ad nauseam and appear as troller here and that will be my last intervention,

Regards

Jean-François