[luatex] slower texlua at LuaTeX 1.0.4 (TL 2017) ?

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sat Jun 3 12:34:53 CEST 2017

Le 3 juin 2017 à 10:00, Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> a écrit :

> It would be interesting to compare time of execution of your script on
> the same machine using:
> - 2016/x86_64-darwin
> - 2017/x86_64-darwin
> - 2017/x86_64-darwinlegacy

I guess I can't run x86_64-darwin binaries on my 10.9.5 ? and I don't have
another machine available

> - 2017 luatex that you compile yourself

Not so interested into devoting the time as I reported the issue
only as an act of goodwill, not being a user of Luatex myself.

> and then perhaps some or all of these once again with texluajit.

According to H. M. at the original tex.sx thread I linked to,
substantial speed gain indeed.

(incidentally his machine is about 2x, 2.5x faster than mine.)

Best,

Jean-François