[luatex] slower texlua at LuaTeX 1.0.4 (TL 2017) ?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jun 2 18:05:28 CEST 2017

On 6/2/2017 4:26 PM, jfbu wrote:

>> the challenge was to know if I would ever get interested into using
>> Luatex and this pretty much clinches it.
>>
>> Waiting for Pythontex.
>
> and by the way, Hans, the code by Henri was but direct translation
> into Lua, to provide an example to tex.sx user, of code by Joseph
> which was couched in expl3 language

Ah, ok, I'm not ok tex.sx. But Henry's posts to lists are always quite
perfect. My main point was that when speed matters there's more than
engine speed involved. (BTW, it's a known fact that some of the unix
binaries on tl 2017 are twice as slow, Harald K noticed that and ran
tests during BT 2017. It has to do with optimization flags.)

> don't forget transmitting your optimized remarks to Joseph next
> time you see him
I'm not into this expl3 (beyond me which is no problem as I don't need
it) so I can't improve his code I bet.