[luatex] font expansion

Robert w.m.l at gmx.net
Sat Jul 8 00:16:18 CEST 2017

On 07.07.17 18:34, Hans Hagen wrote:
> AFAIK one can make an instance of such fonts and use that.

But that's what I've been asking about the whole time: whether it is
possible to use instances instead of autoexpanding (ie., linear
distortion). And my tests led me to believe that this is, in contrast to
pdftex, *not* possible with luatex, which was corroborated by what you

?

> Concerning variable fonts: these are already supported for a while

Does this mean that the width axis will be taken into account for expansion?

Best,
--
  Robert