[luatex] handling resolution of jpg files

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 12:59:42 CET 2017

Hans,

> Anyway, graphics and especially ones with errors in them always will be a
problem and no engine can handle them all.

Yes understood, which was why mostly I was asking for some way of detecting
this being passed back, even just a log warning would give the user a clue
what to do.

Although if the image has inconsistent data and you have to make an
arbitrary choice, there's something to be said for making the same choice
as other software that's likely to be used on the same image. I couldn't
find any other software that made the png and and jpg in my test document
come out different sizes, I tried firefox, chrome, internet explorer, image
magic as well as pdftex.

That said, a sample size of 1 isn't much of a test suite, perhaps other
images would fall out differently on the various graphics reading
libraries, but I can only comment on the samples I have, this wasn't a
constructed test for this problem (or even for luatex) it was created to
test something else entirely and this resolution issue just occurred
"naturally".

David