[luatex] kerning with delimiters with opentype math fonts

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 19:49:55 CET 2017

Hans,

Following up a bit on Ulrike's question, can you be more specific about
what is wrong with the metrics
and what should change? I'm happy to help encourage the font maintainers if
that's what needs to
happen but currently I wouldn't know what to ask for.

As you said, the issue doesn't show with Pagella Math, but it does with
other TeX Gyre fonts:
Termes Math and Bonum Math as well as the Latin Modern Math in the original
example.
 Also Asana and XITS show the same thing.

Of the files in this test only Pagella, Cambria and Stix2 show an expected
result.
This means that the already small pool of usable math fonts is even smaller
than thought,
if the recommendation is simply just to avoid fonts with this issue?

David

​