[luatex] Misplaced letter

Javier Bezos listas at tex-tipografia.com
Fri Dec 15 17:28:31 CET 2017

Ulrike,

> I can see the displacement with texlive 2017, but if I use a newer
> fontloader (see https://ctan.org/pkg/fontloader-luaotfload how to do
> it) the problem is gone.
> Both following settings worked (the second exists only on my PC)
>

> fontloader = fontloader-reference-2017-08-18.lua

The alif is now correct, but there are still misplaced chars,
eg, the ha in the last word of:

----------------------
\documentclass{book}

\usepackage{fontspec}

\setmainfont[Script=Arabic]{FreeSerif}

\begin{document}

\pardir TRT
\textdir TRT

نشر  {\textdir TLT 1234} بنقل الإشارات برهن

نشر  1234 بنقل الإشارات برهن

\end{document}
----------------------

Trying to found where the problem is, I've tested the following
with ConTeXt and it's the same:

----------------------

\starttext

\setupalign[r2l]

\definefont[arabicfont][FreeSerif*arabic]

% \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=default]

\arabicfont

نشر {\textdir TLT 1234} بنقل الإشارات برهن

نشر 1234 بنقل الإشارات برهن

\stoptext

At the moment I cannot investigate further. I've updated
my TeXLive2017 and it has stopped working :-(.

Javier (just dreaming of a merge of xetex and luatex...)