[luatex] status.shell_escape broken in texlive 2017

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Fri Apr 21 01:25:58 CEST 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 04:33:12PM +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
> On 20 April 2017 at 16:25, Scott Kostyshak <skostysh at lyx.org> wrote:

> > Indeed, good to know, David. Is there a way (e.g. a URL) to check when
> > this happens? I'm more curious about this in general, not for this
> > specific issue.
> >

> well for example I use cygwin as a rule and
>
> https://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/x86_64-cygwin/?sortby=date
>
> currently shows luatex hasn't changed, whereas  linux 64
>
> https://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/x86_64-linux/?sortby=date
>
> shows that the new luatex binary was committed a couple of hours ago.

ahh now I understand how it works. I see now that I could alternatively
look at

  http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live-commits/2017-April/

and search for the x86_64-linux entry and then open that and make sure
"linux/luatex" is listed in the log message. But that takes more time
than using the link that you provided.

Thanks for your help, David!

Scott