[luatex] dvilualatex fails with hyperref in TL 2016 pretest

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Tue May 24 00:20:13 CEST 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 07:45:27AM +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
> On 23 May 2016 at 02:35, Scott Kostyshak <skostysh at lyx.org> wrote:
>

> > OK, since hyperref worked well with other engines and it used to work
> > well in the older LuaTeX version I thought the issue was more likely to
> > be LuaTeX-specific.
> >
> > Scott
>

> As Frank just replied, the fact that luatex returns 40 is an issue
> with luatex, but in general
> luatex in texlive 2016 is intentionally incompatible with previous
> versions so it then falls
> on package maintainers to try to keep up. In general they won't be on
> this list, except that
> the packages involved here (luatex85.sty, pdftexcmds,sty,hyperref,sty)
> all seem to involve
> a maintainer sat at this keyboard....

Makes sense. I will try to figure out the best places to report each
change of behavior that I come across. What really makes it complicated
is my ignorance. I do not know much about the internals of LaTeX, much
less LuaTeX. But as I learn more I'll get better about having a good
guess for where to report. Your explanations now and in the past have
helped my understanding and are much appreciated. Thanks for your
patience and help.

Scott