[luatex] Confirm change in TL 2016-pretest vs. TL 2015 behavior: dvilualatex fails because of pdfpageheight

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu May 19 01:04:43 CEST 2016

On 2016-05-18 at 15:08:28 +0930, Will Robertson wrote:

 > It should be fine to have something like
 >
 >     \IfFileExists{luatex85.sty}{\usepackage{luatex85}}{}
 >
 > for the time being. This should catch 99.999% of users?

Sure.

Someone said on a mailing list said that package authors who support a
beta version of LuaTeX should keep their stuff up-to-date.

But this is not the only problem.  The main problem is that LuaTeX was
compatible with pdfTeX in the past and that many people are using
packages designed for pdfTeX.  I suppose that many packages don't work
anymore.

Isn't it better to put some code derived from luatex85.sty into the
format file which creates a warning message whenever a deprecated
control sequence is used?

Unfortunately there is not much time until TeX Live 2016 is released.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de