[luatex] What's wrong with LuaTeX v0.95.0?

Vafa Khalighi vk489 at uowmail.edu.au
Sun May 15 09:37:08 CEST 2016

Hi

I have been a lollipop user (http://ctan.org/pkg/lollipop) since 15 years
ago and its developer from April 2014. For the past 15 years, I have only
been using Knuth's TeX engine since that gives me all I want. If you try to
build the lollipop format for Knuth's TeX by:

tex -ini   -jobname=lollipop -progname=lollipop lollipop.ini

and process the following minimal example with lollipop format:

\Start

Let's say $x$ is a variable

\Stop

You see no problem in the output. However, if you build the format by
using luatex v0.95.0 by

luatex -ini   -jobname=lollipop -progname=lollipop lollipop.ini

and process the same file, then the x in the inline math mode
disappears. Should not luatex at least behave like Knuth's TeX engine?
Does anyone know what is wrong here?

The content of my lollipop.ini is

\scrollmode
\input lollipop