[luatex] No hyphenation when \lccodes zero with explicit hyphens

Thomas Fischer fischer at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Fri May 13 10:58:24 CEST 2016

Hello,

in LuaTeX's bug tracker (see link below), this issue has been reported as fixed. However, despite using luatex 0.80, I can still reproduce this issue.
Apprarently, I am not the only one who is affected. For example, see this comment on LaTeX Stack Exchange:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/229896/is-it-possible-to-allow-linebreaks-in-the-isbn-number-of-auto-generated-biblio#comment719972_229896

My luatex version reports itself as:
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.80.0 (TeX Live 2015/Arch Linux) (rev 5238)

Is my version still too old or is the bug maybe not yet completely fixed?

Bye,
Thomas

--8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<--

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Joseph Wright <
joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> With minimal example
>
>     \hsize=1.1cm %
>     \noindent
>     \hbox{}
>     12-34-56
>
>     \lccode`\2=`\2 %
>     \lccode`\3=`\3 %
>     \lccode`\4=`\4 %
>     \noindent
>     \hbox{}
>     12-34-56
>     \bye
>
> LuaTeX as in TL2014 fails to break the first in the first paragraph but
> does so in the second, whilst pdfTeX and XeTeX break both. Is this a
> deliberate change of behaviour?

Thank you for the report. I have added the item 925
http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=925