[luatex] whatsit generation

Frank Mittelbach frank.mittelbach at latex-project.org
Thu May 12 08:26:00 CEST 2016

Hi Hans

> in current luatex user defined nodes have subtype 8

yeah well, as you know my program is currently TL2015 based (ie .085 )
for some reason :-)

> 116 refers to tables that contain a token list (a table of triplets
> starting with a ref count dummy) which is probably not that useful

yes, looks like it

> as i was sure that at some point we added a lua table type too i checked
> the manual and found out that we don't actually mantion it there
>
> the magic type number is 108

cool, just what I was looking for. I need to pass several values and in
that case using the number type is not so good, right now I used string
and decompose afterwards but a table is better

thanks
frank