[luatex] MWE now failing with recent TeX Live update

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Tue Mar 15 11:19:41 CET 2016

Am Mon, 14 Mar 2016 23:57:28 -0400 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:

> Dear all,
>
> A document that used to compile for me fails after a recent TeX Live
> update. I have no idea what the source of the problem is and thus I have
> no idea if it is something in LuaTeX's code that changed that cause the
> document to start failing or if it is somewhere else that I should look,
> but in either case I figure it is a good idea to check here.
>
> Here is a minimal example:
>
> ----------
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{polyglossia}
> \setdefaultlanguage{english}
> \setotherlanguage{latin}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{latin}
> Lorem ipsum dolor
> \end{latin}
> \end{document}
> ----------
>
> Compiling with the command 'lualatex' gives me the following error:

You can use this as a workaround:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[base,english,latin]{babel}
\usepackage{polyglossia}
\setdefaultlanguage{english}
\setotherlanguage{latin}
\begin{document}
\begin{latin}
Lorem ipsum dolor
\end{latin}
\end{document}

The maintainer of polyglossia plans an update to solve the clash
with babel, but I have no idea if it will repair this problem too.
See

https://github.com/reutenauer/polyglossia/issues/129

--
Ulrike Fischer